[Serusers] SER IP PBX for multiple clients

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Mon Aug 22 21:05:57 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm still trying to learn more about SER. I've been using Asterisk to
manage virtual PBX services for different companies by using multiple
contexts within Asterisk. However, since I only use Asterisk with SIP
UAs and to communicate with ITSPs, I don't have the need to have all
the fancy features Asterisk offers, plus I have the additional
advantage of having the built-in NAT support in SER.

The question  I have is if someone can point me to the right place
where I can see some sample configs that do more or less the things I
need or if someone would be willing to share some of those configs on
the list.

Basically, I need to have the ability to manage any number of virtual
PBX services where each virtual entity can manage their own extension
numbering, DIDs, outbound CLID. I would probably just continue using
Asterisk for voicemail services since I get the feeling that SEMS is
still "unstable" to go into production, even for voicemail services
only (unless told otherwise).

The idea is that even if two companies define two extensions 101 and
two extensions 102, when each company calls ext 101 or 102
internally, the call will be maintained within that company and would
not cross over to the other company. Also, having features like one
main number (DID) that could ring in multiple extensions
simultaneously (forking) and if no one answers, leave a message in
the general mailbox, or that each extension could have, additionally,
a DID so that they can be reached directly from the outside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Waldo