[Serusers] Centralized routing for managing multiple SER proxies

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Mon Aug 22 11:27:23 CEST 2005

Take a look at RFC3263 Locating SIP Servers.The idea is to use DNS to
locate the right server.

If you configure your DNS to serve your different SER proxies you just
have to use t_relay and the request will be forwarded to the right
destination.

Hope it helps.

Samuel

Unclassified.
>>> <vmathur at transnexus.com> 08/19/05 06:20PM >>>
Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for your response.

The readme file of mediaproxy talks about load balancing the RTP
streams across multiple proxies.
Does the signaling also follow the same path as the media (for the same
call).

Also, The readme file of the mediaproxy says that:
"Once it has determined which domain to use to obtain the list of
available
proxy servers, it will make a DNS lookup for the following SRV
records:
_mediaproxy._tcp.selected.domain.name"

Does this mean that the DNS lookup serves as the routing mechanism for
the call?

Also, the document says:
"However it should be fairly easy to implement another dispatcher that
uses a
different mean to determine the proxy server (like using a database
mapping),
or even to distribute the traffic by other means than SIP domain
name."

I guess that this means that I could use a 3rd party routing engine to
route the calls.
Is that correct? If so, is there an interface in the dispatcher that I
could use to make the
dispatcher talk to my routing DB and not do a DNS lookup.

Thanks,
Vikrant