[Serusers] ser configuration issues

AChin63457 at aol.com AChin63457 at aol.com
Sun Aug 21 20:03:19 CEST 2005

I just started installing ser  the other day and the installation was smooth
and painless.  I am know  not quite sure about about the configuration files
and how to set  them.  Here is my current setup --  I have a fedora 3 linux box
 obtaining a dhcp assigned address with currently no hostname set and no
FQDN--  localhost.localdomain.   I signed up the other day to iptel.org to
register for a username and password -- ie, _example at iptel.org_
(mailto:example at iptel.org) .

So i have 2 issues.   1.  What should i specify in my /etc/profile for
SIP_DOMAIN -- should  i use my _example at iptel.org_ (mailto:example at iptel.org)  or my
internal lan address or my wan address  available to the outside?

2.  Same question when  it comes to configuring the
/usr/local/etc/ser/ser.cfg
what should be listed on  the listen parameters
listen=127.0.0.1
listen=192.168.x.x or should  it be the wan address

also can i use the  alias
alias=_example at iptel.org_ (mailto:example at iptel.org)   or should this be my
machines  hostname.

Regards,