[Serusers] Replication problem

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Aug 17 18:06:42 CEST 2005

Andreas Granig writes:

 > I just came across this posting from you (well, a little bit outdated)
 > while digging in Path header documentation, where you argue the same way
 > I did (that one more additional query doesn't matter):
 >
 > http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg04087.html

that was year 2002.  things have improved a lot since then in ser and
now number of db queries can be very few.

 > Now you say that this all can be done using radius. I don't know much of
 > radius, but looking at auth_radius and uri_radius modules I just see the
 > xxx_authorize() and radius_does_uri_exists() methods and don't see a way
 > how these could help me (except writing a own modules for authentication
 > which stores the additional attributes in avp which I could query
 > subsequently).

you don't need to implement your own modules.  both radius_www_authorize and
radius_does_uri_exists can now store any number of attributes into
AVPs as side effect of the call.

 > Beside that the URI could be altered by some kind of
 > call-forwarding-lookups after some basic checks (call barring and such),
 > where checks against this rewritten URI have to be made again, which
 > requires additional queries.

also call forwarding attributes can be returned by adius_does_uri_exists
call.

 > Are you willing to share your experience doing this things with radius?

there is really nothing special.  for example, if called uri has
unconditional forwarding on, radius would return the new uri as value of
"cf_unc" attribute, which you can then test in your ser.cfg.

-- juha