[Serusers] handling multiple INVITE statements

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 22:23:47 CEST 2005

Hi

I am getting 2 INVITE per call, which is correct in my setup.

I have IP phone ---> ser---> asterisk----ser----ip phone for various setups

So when ip phone makes a call, to a internal extension, the call goes
out via ser (INVITE 1) into asterisk, which then maps this internal
extension to a external number and hence issues a DIAL sip/xxx statement
(INVITE 2). All well and good

Now should this not give two BYE's anyhow it gives one.

The other thing is what to do with the two INVITES, should I be taking
the INVITE from asterisk, or from SER, I think the former, BUT the BYE
seems to match the tag for asterisk INVITE

Iqbal