[Serusers] AVPs question

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Mon Aug 15 19:06:20 CEST 2005

I need a way to store somewhere some computed values relative to sip
messages. That is, I need some kind of "variables"!

I need to access to these "variables" both from a custom SER module and
from the ser.cfg script.

I think that the solution are AVPs.
Am I right?

But I'm a little confused about the many "incarnations" of the AVP.
After looking a little around I have understood that from inside the
module I have to use the functions in "usr_avp.c". Am I right?
Then there are the "avp" and "avpops" modules.

My question is: they all refer to the SAME avps?
Thas is, if I save an avp value by means of "usr_avp.c", then I can
access the SAME avp by means of "avpops"?
Or they are different and separate implementations?

Thanks.

P.S.
I'm using SER 0.9.3.

     __