[Serusers] Distributing "OSP enable SER" binary file w/ source code

vmathur at transnexus.com vmathur at transnexus.com
Sat Aug 13 23:55:52 CEST 2005

Hi Joris,

Yes, OSP has been slow in taking off but is definitely gaining momentum. Some of the big carriers - MCI, Primus Telecommunications, NTT etc - are already using OSP to manage their networks. The protocol is fairly mature & stable now (in version 1.4 I think) and provides a lot of flexibility; you can convey presence information, capabilities information (channles, bandwidth etc), and even pricing information for each destination. I beleive that over time it will evolve as the preferred method of inter-connection for IP based communications.

Vikrant

I remember reading about osp a few years ago but have not heard
much ever since. Has anyone deployed osp?

joris pouw