[Serusers] Simple SIP proxy hardware

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Fri Aug 12 17:19:18 CEST 2005

As we do NOT want to provide a central RTP proxy, we are looking for a
simple SIP proxy (in hardware) to install in small/medium offices to
simplify/bypass all NAT problems.

It should:

1) Work as a SIP proxy server: should use a STUN server to bypass all
NAT problems (obviously a GOOD implementation of STUN) and forward all
SIP requests to a downstream proxy.

2) Work as a registrat proxy: short-circuit all INVITEs between internal
UACs (to bypass all hairpin problme of the NAT) and forward all SIP
requests to a downstream proxy.

...and optionally...

3) Handle all the authentication requests from the downstream proxy.

In this way the configuration of the phones is very simple, only phone
number and sip proxy, no STUN server, no hairpin problems, etc...

If 3) is implemented, they don't even have to know the username/password
used to authenticate (so they cannot make free phone calls from home!).

Does something like that exist?
I mean, something that costs around a couple hundred of euro???

Thanks.

     __
    |-                      giannici at neomedia.it