[Serusers] SER 0.9.4-rc3 (i386/linux)) keeps crashing

Dmitry Semyonov dsemyonov at dins.ru
Fri Aug 12 14:50:41 CEST 2005

Steve,

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Steve Blair wrote:

>  We have a SER 0.9.4-rc3 (i386/linux)) system running on RedHat ES4
> that crashes about once every three days. I've done a cvs update,
> performed a re-make of all modules as well as just mysql.so and
> reinitialized the mysql database using the script provided. Nothing
> seems to fix the problem. Using gdb to examine a core dump seems to
> indicate SER fails when receiving REGISTER messages but I cannot
> figure out why. In each of the three core dumps the REGISTER message
> is from a different client.

I experience similar problems with rel_0_9_0 SER on RedHat 9. It could
work for a week without problems, then it could crash 2 times within a
day on reception of REGISTER requests from the same agents that worked
fine before. The server load is very low, (one to ten registered
clients; one to six concurrent calls).

I thought my problems could be caused by oracle module I use or by
some modifications to SER sources, but looks like they are very
similar to yours. Do you use any non-standard modules or SER patches
as I do?

A bit more details to compare: NAT-Pass evaluation (proprietary NAT
traversal solution) is installed on the same PC with SER. Some
requests go directly to SER, but some go via NAT-Pass.

P.S.
  I successfully stress-tested my SER with hundreds of thousands
REGISTER requests via sipsak. So, I suspect the problem could be in a
particular request field formatting or in particular sequence of
REGISTERs.

P.P.S.
  I have no time right now to investigate the problem in deep. But
certainly I'll try to catch it in near future.

--
...Bye..Dmitry.