[Serusers] SER in production environment
vincent_luba at yahoo.fr
Thu Aug 11 19:19:09 CEST 2005
We would like to use SER in a production environment and provide
presence support to at least 5000 *online* users through a publicly
We are particularly worried about scalability.
* How stable is the presence module?
* Does it support RFC3857 to allow authorization management of
* For such a big number of users, do we need several computers running
* If so, how can we ensure that all SER servers have the required
information to be able to send status changes to all users? Is that
stored in a MySQL DB and if so, how is it determined which SER server
sends the NOTIFY on state changes to all users having the user whose
state changed in their list?
* Are there bandwidth estimations? I have the feeling that 5000 online
users will generate many NOTIFY messages due to presence changes.
* Is it possible to prevent MESSAGE requests to be sent following some
piece of information found in the database? We would like to connect SER
to a SMS service, and prevent users to send SMS'es when their credit is
not enough. That supposes some computation in the ser.cfg file, is that
Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger
Téléchargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com
More information about the sr-users