[Serusers] SNOM registered, but doesnt ring

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Tue Aug 9 20:22:56 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 11:59, Ashutosh Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>       One of my client hardphone, which is a snom ip phone, is registered
> to the sip server. But when one calls the phone, one gets only a trying
> message and snom doesn’t ring.On running the serctl ul show , the address
> of record for the snom phone is as follows.
> ...Record(0xb5583828)...
> domain: 'location'
> aor   : 'ddempsay'
> ~~~Contact(0xb5585738)~~~
> domain    : 'location'
> aor       : 'ddempsay'
> Contact   : 'sip:therock at 90.0.0.27:5060;line=71potf0e'
> Expires   : 3523
> q         : 1
> Call-ID   : '3c464f84e016-mf5f9tl4bp70 at 90-0-0-27'
> CSeq      : 2882
> received  : ''
> State     : CS_NEW
> Flags     : 0
> next      : (nil)
> prev      : (nil)
> ~~~/Contact~~~~
>
>  	Where does the extra “;line=71potf0e'” in the contact field come
> from. IS the problem created because of this line. Moreover, I don’t think
> it follows the proper SIP URI format.

Snom phones use the line parameter to identify for which of the multiple lines
is the target of the incoming request (otherwise it is impossible to identify
the line, if you have multiple lines with the same username at different
proxies). URI parameters are completely legal, although they are
unfortunately too often dropped by proxies (luckily not by SER).

I would suggest, that you check at the web interface of the snom phone, if the
phone receives the request at all.

Regards
  Nils