[Serusers] sms module/ gsm_auth

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Mon Aug 8 00:43:57 CEST 2005

Harry,

I tested these device once personally.

On Monday 08 August 2005 00:36, harry gaillac wrote:
> How can we send/received sms and calls from gsm
> gateway
> see
> http://www.2n.cz/products/gsm_gateways/voip/voiceblue_enterprise.html
> Does sms module and gsm_auth are out of date ?

When I was testing it, it could not send or receive SMS via SIP. I suggest
your read the description carefully: "Thanks to the integrated Web and
SMTP/POP3 servers, the gateway can easily be used for SMS messaging over IP."
So it seams like they integrated SMS into SMTP meanwhile not into SIP.

Regarding calls the gateway acted like any other PSTN gateway. So there
absolutely no need for the sms or the gsm_auth module to use this piece of
hardware.

  Nils