[Serusers] SIP messages timeout

Leon Sun leon.sun at keywestcommunications.com
Fri Aug 5 23:35:55 CEST 2005

There is an issue SERers should know. SER doesn't put record-route into
'status' message like 1890,183 or 200 OK. What I experienced is UA sent BYE
directly to remote softswitch rather than SER since our soft switch didn't
put record-route info into '180 ring' and '200 OK' so that UA though it
should send BYE directly to softswitch.

I asked my soft switch vendor to keep record-route in all messages if there
was record-route in 'INVITE'. UA started to send "BYE' to SER after my
vendor fix this problem.

My suggestion is to check id termination sides can always support
record-route.

Regards

Leon Sun