[Serusers] How to rewrite source IP -- SIP packet forwarding.

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at digitalpath.net
Tue Aug 2 09:20:30 CEST 2005

Thanks Gregor, that looks like useful information.  I haven't even gotten to
the proxying RTP part yet, but when I run into problems hopefully that will
get me going again.

I made some headway on my issue:

1) Apparently the order of the listen directives has some bearing on which
   interface packets will go out of.
2) Probably needed mhomed set to "yes" :-)
3) I was running in debug mode -- ie: fork was set to no.  :-(

Now I'm getting

  Got SIP response 479 "We don't forward to private IP addresses" back from
	<ser_ip_address>

message on my Asterisk console.  At least it's registering so I can track down
this problem next.

Ray

PS: What exactly does "record_route_preset()" do?  The docs don't say much
other than "don't use this unless you know what you're doing."

Registration is at least working (error above not withstanding) and I am not
using that option, so I'm wondering if I truly need it.