[Serusers] dbtext: table not loaded. example desired

Cesc cesc.santa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 17:48:44 CEST 2005

On 8/1/05, Müller Thorsten <Thorsten.Mueller at vierling.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm still at dbtext:
> I have a line in ser.cfg which is now:
>    modparam("auth_db", "db_url","dbtext:///usr/local/etc/ser/dbtext")
> where I have a file produced with the script from cesc called "subscriber".
>
> Given by DEBUG-mode from dbt_load_file the module "dbtext" searches this file in a
> directory called "/usr/local/etc/ser" and NOT in the dir given by the "modparam"-line
>
> Can somebody give me a hint, why this occurs?

I think that this is because you did not export the right variables
for the script.
It needs to vars, one to tell which db-backend to use, and if using
dbtext, there is another that tells the script where the files are ...
you have to export them from the shell you execute the script, or
modify it inside the script if the path is always the same.
I cannot remember the exact name now ... but it should be something
like DBTEXT_PATH ...

Cesc