[Serusers] Any known problems with running SER behind NAT?

Alan alitster at telcoelectronics.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 11:02:46 CEST 2005

Hi List,

I wonder if you could share your experience with me of running SER behind NAT. Are there any known problems with doing it this way? - Server side NAT and have SER fix NAT'ed clients and (Media)Proxying them where needed.

My specific setup is as follows:-
  SER(0.9.13) with a static private IP
  Firewall performing static on-to-one NAT

Users will be on public IP's/(behind NAT)

Does this cause any problems with the SIP/SDP packets?

Also it is the intention to run Asterisk in the same way to provide voicemail, will this setup produce any foreseeable problems?

Many Thanks,

Alan