[Users] configuring multi-domain support

Wed Aug 24 19:24:55 CEST 2005

jayesh nambiar wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was trying to configure my script for hosting multiple domains. I went
> through the admin's guide and understood the procedure of creating new
> subscriber table for each domain and serve them. But I would be very

Wrong, you only use one subscriber table.

> thankful if someone let me know how does automated multi-domain support
> works and how do we maintain multiple domains using automated support.
> I think using domain table will help, but any information regarding
> serving multiple domains in an efficient manner will be very helpful.

Some of openser's functions (domain module) do check if the request is
from/to local users (local user means that the proxy is authoritive for
this domain). This module uses the domain table.

Thus, you have to use is_from_local() instead of if(uri==myself). As
soon as you put another domain in the domain table, openser will server
this domain. (if the domain module is in caching mode, you to tell
openser to reload the domain table via the fifo or openserctl)

regards
klaus