[Users] Changing 'expires' value in response to REGISTER

Kanakatti Mahesh Subramanya mahesh at aptela.com
Thu Aug 4 04:13:16 CEST 2005

And the beat goes on...

I 've got a bunch of Snom's that have a minimum register interval of 1
minute.

I *know* that I can get them to register every 30 seconds if I set the
'expires' value in the Contact header of the '200 OK' response to the
REGISTER request appropriately (whew)
e.g., instead of returning
Contact: <sip:jake.foobaz at 1.2.3.4:49154>;expires=60
I return
Contact: <sip:jake.foobaz at 1.2.3.4:49154>;expires=30

The question is - how do I change the 'expires' value?

append_to_reply() isn't relevant - i don't want another header
subst() on the request's 'Expires' header isn't useful since
build_contact() seems to extract it's values from the original request.
Any changes I made to it seem to be ignored

Any ideas?

cheers