[Users] CANCEL problem

Michael Ulitskiy mdu113 at acedsl.com
Wed Aug 3 17:40:54 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 05:29 am, you wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> the UAS must notify ASAP the  upstream parties when the INVITE was
> received. Of course, network delays may interfere :(.
>
> If I get it right, you are experience a *FAST* cancel from the UAC
> (since the proxy haven't received the 100 -even if delayed- from UAC).
> Is this the case?

Well, the caller sends INVITE to the proxy and then almost immediately
it sends CANCEL, but CANCEL happens at the short period of time while
INVITE has already been forwarded to callee, but no provisional response
from callee has yet been received. "100" and "180" are arriving almost
immediately after CANCEL has been processed by openser. I guess this
situation is legitimate and in my observations is not quite rare.

> If so, since it's not the fault of any parties, I will try to see if
> there is a way to solve this kind of race.

I don't think it's a fault of caller or callee UACs. I guess, as it's been pointed
out by Klaus, openser should keep CANCEL in transaction context until transaction
expires (probably until wt_timer expires) and transmit it if provisional
response is received during that time.