[Users] avp questions

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Wed Aug 3 00:11:36 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 08/03/05 00:36, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm playing with AVPs stored in a database and wonder about the
> following example found in the doc:
>
> avp_db_load("$from","i:678");
>
> This loads all AVPs with attribute==678, regardless of the from URI.
> Is there a usecase for this? If not, why not use the specifier /uri as
> default if no specifier is selected.

indeed, that should be the behavior. I fixed now on cvs. Default
specifier is /uri for $from, $to + $ruri; and /uuid for string keywords
and avp aliases.

> Also, in avp_db_load the source may be an avp-alias. Thus, how do you
> differ between the From: header URI "$from" and the avp-alias "$from"?

yes, this is an overlap. In the future the notation from pseudovariables
should be used everywhere. The answer for your question: do not use
$from alias, anyhow $from as header has priority.

> regards,
> Klaus
>
> PS: Maybe I'm a little bit too academic ;-)

:-)

Regards,