[Users] lcr from_gw in reply_route

Tue Aug 2 13:08:33 CEST 2005

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> looking to the code, I see no reason not to use from_gw from an
> onreply_route[]... on the other hand I guess it make sense only if you
> use a global onreply_route, right? otherwise, just use flags or
> dedicated onreply_routes..

I will use it in the following scenario:

Client behind NAT --> openser+mediaproxy ---> GW

To fetch reINVITEs, I add the NAT=yes paramter to the record route and
look for this paramter in the loose_route section. If the paramter is
found, I again use_mediaproxy and set the reply_route. In the
reply_route I would:
	if (!from_gw()) {
		force_rport;
		fix_nated_contact;
	}
to prevent rewriten the contact of asymmetric GWs.

Would there be a better solution for this?

klaus