[Serusers] zombie status in location table

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Fri Apr 29 15:08:24 CEST 2005

On 28-04-2005 17:03, Cesc Santasusana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After de-registration, a contact in the location table is marked as zombie, and after some time, it is deleted from the table. Right?

  You should not see any contacts in a ZOMBIE_* state. zombie states
  were used for user location replication some time ago with a special
  module.

  If you use db_mode 2 then the contacts should appear as SYNC or DIRTY
  in the location table and they will be deleted after a while by timer.

> Ok, what happens when this user receives a call ... i mean, he is in the location table (as zombie), but he is not registered really on the phone?

  He will not receive the message, because in the memory cache the
  contact is marked as deleted.

> What do the lookup('location") and registered('location") in this scenario return?

   If the user does not have any other contact registered then they will
   return a negative value.

> In my config ... a first call to lookup(loc) returns false, and then calling registered(loc) returns true. Is that right? Shouldn't the two functions do the same, just lookup rewrites the uri?

   They should return the same value. If that does not happen then there
   is a bug somewhere, in which case I would like to ask you to provide
   me with more information (SER version, dump of the location table,
   and so on).

     Jan.