[Serusers] what is the best way of using asterisk as B2BUA

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 01:32:43 CEST 2005

Hi

I didnt follow the diagram much :-), but I am guessing you wish to use
asterisk because you are sending your IP traffic to a sip provider who
needs to authenticate you using SIP..if so you could try uac in ser

modparam("uac","credential","gw_user:gw_realm:gw_passwd")

now this on a failure_route you should be able to connect to the gateway.
I am connecting via IP, hence my gateway accepts me because of my IP
address.

SER does not do anything with ur codecs, only the client and anything
which will play with the media stream will, hence if you just use ser,
the codecs are decided by the person/device starting the call, and where
the endpoint is.

Asterisk however can change the codec, or should i say do codec
negotiation, hence can/will change it.
Have u asked on the asterisk mailing list/irc to see if anyone has a
config

For ser and nat, there is a good start-up doc on www.onsip.org.

If you really want to combine asterisk and ser, you need to first get
them to talk.

This means editing sip.conf channel file in asterisk. In that file every
client which connects to asterisk must have a entry.

The entensions file can then be used to tell it what to do with the call,
and even send the call out on IP (there are lots of configs on asterisk
mailing list for this)

SER must be set to route all calls via asterisk, this is done by
rewriteuri command, and configuring to asterisk IP address, asterisk
must of course accept this, and to do that, you need again the sip.conf
file.

If all you are going to use asterisk for, it to send you calls to the
gateway, I think it overkill.

Iqbal