[Serusers] SER Billing System !!!

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 17:06:26 CEST 2005

Hi

If all you wish to do is to generate bills AFTER the call has completed,
thats easily done, in your acc table you will have the start - stop
records ( i.e INVITE, BYE) for each call. You then need to work out the
length of the call , and then multiple it by the cost.

Now heres where it gets complicated, lets say you have different call
costs for each prefix, i.e country code, and on top of that you have
peak/off-peak times for each call, and then just to add little bit more,
u decide that customers of Type I (i.e residential) get charged less
than those of TYPE II (corporates). This is all best done via a DB

Assuming you dont have TYPE I/II customers all you need to do, is to
assign a call cost to each segment of the day, and to each prefix, then
get the time of the call, see what segment it falls into (or spans) and
then do the maths for the call cost. I know this is a little
oversimplified, but you can build on it slowly, I would start with
assigning a cost to each country code..then each prefix within a
country, and go from there

Iqbal