[Serusers] Re: 2 Redundant Mysql DBs

Helge Waastad helge at smartnet.no
Mon Apr 25 16:44:32 CEST 2005

Hi,
you can use a two-server(or more) mysql cluster (and a management
server) and add a loadbalancere (LVS or linux-ha) layer to have a
redundant system.

If you have more servers to play around with, you can install the mysql
API's and the ndbd's on different servers (actually quite fun to
build ;-))

I also presume you have two or more SER's to handle your traffic, then
you have to make sure only one SER writes location information to the
cluster at a time. Replication can be stored in memory

If you have a storage crash, you can rebuild the database from the other
storage nodes.

br hw

Hi Guys,

	Is there a way to make 2 redundant mysql banks, I mean, making SER writing all the data to 2 different DB
Servers ? I want to make my data redudant, just in case one of the Mysql Crashs.

Thanks in Advance
Best Regards

--
Felipe Martins