[Serusers] BYE submission by SER in case of mediaproxy timeoutor credit limit reached. ?

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Sun Apr 24 02:32:35 CEST 2005

Hi Paul

As marian mentioned there are a few creative methods to get this to work
"kind of".

Theone I think is the best is session_timer, however this puts a load on
the server, since re-invites need to be sent (this is in the archive
somewhere).

Also if you have different billing rates per day/per hour, and per
location and even customer type (like some morons such as moi have
decided to do :-)) then session timers become very complicated, since
each timer needs to be different.

EG customer has credit of 100p, but calls some remote country which
charges 70p per minute, in theory he should only get approx 90 secs of
call, hence if session timer is fixed for him and everyone, at say 120
seconds (or even longer), he will overrun. This may not be a big
problem, since if you have alook at your blended costs/rev model you may
be able to work that into the overall scheme of things.

hence why I am having a few painful weeks :-), also sipsak can be used to
send a BYE message to the gateway (although I am still in the process of
trying to test this...but I think a few on this list have done it
successfully).

Easiest is to use a B2Bua, eg asterisk, or asterisk-b2bua but then you
are really handling all the media stream, which then adds to cost in
terms of bandwidth server load etc etc, so you will have to work this
out based upon what business model you really wish to go for.

Iqbal