[Serusers] HELP!! Converting 7 digits to e164

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Sat Apr 23 17:31:35 CEST 2005

All, we're still in a grind here we're trying to eliminate all external
scripts, the last one we have converts 7 digits to e164 (eg 3212222 to
+13143212222). The problem I'm having is I can't figure out a way to
convert this inside SER.

What needs to happen is Ser needs to take the area code from the user,eg
314 and convert the RURI to that persons areacode+phone number. If there
was some kind of strip_tail command I would be in business. All of our
users are based on e164, no names or anything. An example of what I
mean:

From: +13145281234 to/uri: 3212222

Script would take the "314" from the "from" and add it to the uri
3212222 ending up with 3143212222, from there I would simply prefix "+1"
ending with +13143212222. The problem is getting ONLY the 314 out of the
"from".

Any thoughts? SER is bombing on us, the only lead is that we are using
external cmds and we "should" get rid of them. Someone please help!!

	Matt