[Serusers] Confusion about terminology vis-a-vis AVP

Elena Ramona Modroiu ramona at voice-system.ro
Sat Apr 23 00:55:26 CEST 2005

In ser, an AVP can have either an integer ID or a string as attribute
name. Integer IDs allow a faster comparison and they should be used for
intensive operations. More appropriate would be to use the term
"identifier" for the name of an AVP.

i:34 is the AVP which is identified by the integer 34
s:34 is the AVP which is the identified by the string "34"

Ramona