[Serusers] Service Creation Options

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Apr 22 13:32:49 CEST 2005

Aisling O'Driscoll wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am looking to develop services based on the SER platform which can
>be configured via a secure web interface e.g. sequential ringing,
>subscriber based call routing etc. It seems that the service
>languages available are:
>
>1. CPL
>2. SIP CGI
>3. SIP Servlets
>
>Basically Im a little bit confused as to which one I should target. I
>believe CPL is for use on end user terminals so Im ruling that out.

that's not quite true. CPL scripts are executed on server, but there are
no restrains about which party generates them - the provider on server
side or subscriber on client side.
You can choose, as provider, to have full control on CPL scripts - just
fetch some cfg info from users and provision yourself the scripts,
totally transparent from user point of view.

bogdan