[Serusers] Help Using SER FIFO "ser_fifo"

Leo leo at ltcjp.com
Fri Apr 22 03:37:27 CEST 2005

Marian,

Thank you for the fast response and advice, but I am still stuck. I made
fifo by doing an 'mkfifo rfifo' in the /tmp directory to create a fifo
called 'rfifo'. Then I changed the permissions to "666".

Then from the command line I did a 'cat rfifo' which waits for something to
be written to 'rfifo'.

Then I modified the PHP script in this e-mail string to reply to 'rfifo'
instead of 'delthis.txt'. However, the cat on rfifo never returns. I see
nothing the in SER log about why. If I open up another command window and
send something to rfifo, it does return. So I know rfifo is working, it is
just that SER does not seem to be writing to 'rfifo'.

I am stuck.

Sincerely,

Leo