[Serusers] SER authorization based on IP address

Brian McCrary bmccrary at lwav.net
Thu Apr 21 17:53:55 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have some MC3810s that I want to use with SER over their PRI ports.
The problem with these is that IOS 12.3 doesn't seem to support SIP
registrar functions, so there is no way to get the DIDs to register with
SER.

Since these routers have static IP addresses, is it possible to have SER
authenticate based on IP address? I know I could just add a ton of lines
to my config file authorizing and routing them manually, but thoguht
someone might know a better way to save their location like the
registered users, and check the source IP vs the password field
(something like put the IP address in the password field).

I'm sure I'm far from the first that's ran into this, but couldn't find
much so thought I'd ask for ideas.

Thanks,

Brian