[Serusers] RE: [Sipforum-discussion] regarding Authentication...

Paul van Schagen paul.van.schagen at adaline.net
Thu Apr 21 14:41:59 CEST 2005

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Paul van Schagen [mailto:paul.van.schagen at adaline.net]
Verzonden: donderdag 21 april 2005 9:02
Aan: 'Josekutty K.K'
Onderwerp: RE: [Sipforum-discussion] regarding Authentication...

Methods you really want to authenticate are INVITE ( outgoing calls )
and REGISTER ( incoming calls ). You try the request first and the
switch answers requesting authentication. Then the authentication is
sent by the UA to the switch.

Remember the authentication also verifies the IP address of the sender
is correct. By doing a double request you make sure that the original
request came from where they say it came from.

Lets say somebody fakes an IP address and sents the packet to the
switch.
The switch then sends back an authentication requests which arrives at
another destination. The call never gets authenticated correctly and is
rejected.

Hopes this helps

Can anybody help me with my mediaproxy timeout ?

Best regards
Paul van Schagen