[Serusers] survey of PSTN gateways in use

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Thu Apr 21 12:39:48 CEST 2005

Hi!

Juha Heinanen wrote:
>  > We currently use two Inalp SmartNode 2400 with 4 E1 each, and are
>  > planning to replace all our Cisco AS5300 with such devices till the end
>  > of this year.
>
> i checked their web site and they don't even mention sip support for
> this box.  also, no iLBC codec.

We use software version "R3.20 BUILD23091 H323 SIP" which works well for
our SN2400 as well as SN1200/1400.

AFAIK iLBC is planned in the near future.

Big advantage is the great support, good flexibility for feature
requests and very quick response time for bug reports, compared to Cisco
for example.

And yes, Patton and Inalp belong together in some way, but I don't
exactly know how...

Andy