[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] Auth* changes

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Apr 21 07:55:42 CEST 2005

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:

 > caller|callee_rpid notation makes no sense since you don't have any rpid
 > for callee, right?

sure callee uri can also have rpid associated with it.

 > Plus that you restrict the AVP only to AVP name - I
 > plan to have in dev branch the option to set an AVP id for rpid also.

that is the other issue i forgot to mention.  i think it should be
possible already in rel_0_9_0 to give rpid avp an id instead of name.

since this rpid change (which was not a bug fix) was backported to
rel_0_9_0, it should be done properly, i.e., it should use avp spec like
tm avp params do.  i just counted that in my script rpid avp may get
used five times during processing of one invite and i'm worried about
the performance impact of string rpid avp name.

so since the backport was against of the rules, i suggest that the
change is reversed or done properly that also allows an integer as rpid
avp name.

-- juha