[Serusers] Precall Speech with SER and SEMS

matt morris mmorris36 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 21:47:03 CEST 2005

Hello List,

I would like to implement a precall speech feature with SER with possibly
SEMS. Basically for a certain of group of our user we would like them to
hear an audio before establishing their calls with the callee. However, I
don't have much clues on how to do this. I have tried the Asterisk B2BUA by
Mr. Mike Tkachuk (which worked) but I don't want the media stream to be
handled by the B2BUA. Unfortunately, I do not know how to configure a
signalling-only B2BUA with the playback - seems whenever I used the playback
function in Asterisk and subsequent call media will be have to be handled by
Asterisk.

That is why I want to explore the possibility of another approach with SEMS.
Would it be possible for the call to be first forwarded to the SER+SEMS box
to play the announcement AND THEN forward the call to the actual called
number? Please shed some light on how I could make this happen. Thank you
very much.

Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound
e-mail and attachments.
first two months FREE*.