[Serusers] Ser + Asterisk

Elton Machado elton.machado at oninet.pt
Mon Apr 18 03:16:32 CEST 2005

Hi guys,

I'm working of configurations examples, how to get Ser and Asterisk
working together in peace ;)

What I wan to do is to have ser doing all the hard work, registering,
billing, proxying and help at nat stuff, and use asterisk to register
myself  at my sip providers, as I couldn't found a way to do it with ser.

An idea how the things are or will be connected is...

[   UAC's      ]         ->               SER            ->
        *   /  (Ser?)               <->  [firewall full port redirect]
->
router
->  sip provider
192.168.20.x                         192.168.20.1
192.168.20.10|192.168.30.10           192.168.30.1
192.168.30.x   |  172.16.32.1 |         172.16.32.254 |external ip semi
fixed or fixed

I have all the stuff running fine if I use an IAX provider, problem
is... all my providers use sip :(

Does anyone has any clue to point me out ? Sip session goes fine but it
just get stuck in rtp nat and I can't understand very well why. Another
is the  UAC's try to reach by itself the sip provider jupping over all
192.168.20.x/30.x thins goes fine if I use stun of course.

My question is... Is there any way to do the same in asterisk? Like use
a tun server or something, or using ser to help it to change any contact
or sip headers field? HOw is the best way to acomplished that?

Best Regards,