[Serusers] What exactly does "lookup" lookup?

Brian McCrary bmccrary at lwav.net
Mon Apr 18 21:26:36 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 11:29:25PM +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:

Hello Klaus,

> You should authenticate all calls from local users (user which REGISTERs
> with your SIP proxy). And only these users are allowed to access the PSTN.

Thanks for the advise.  I now have all outbound calls authenticating,
with the exception of 911 calls, as I think it would be wise to allow
those through even if they haven't paid their bill! :)

> It looks fine. Probably you have problems with matching domains. Verfiy
> the domain of the registered user with serctl and compare it to the
> domain in the INVITE request.

You were right, it had to do with the domains and use_domain setting.
All is working well now! I'm learning more about SER everyday, it seems
to have quite a very powerful config file, which is very nice once you
learn it.  Thanks for the help!

Brian