[Serusers] New to SER, got some questions

Daniel Corbe daniel.junkmail at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 19:03:17 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have a problem as well as a couple of questions which don't seem to
be covered in the documentation.

1) I successfully got an installation of SER running with a MySQL
back-end and Digest Authentication.  I've added a user with the
following command:

/usr/local/sbin/serctl add 2000 pl00p4f daniel.junkmail at gmail.com

Ultimatly, 2000 is the username (phone number of the SIP UA) and
pl00p4f is the password.

I've verified that this user is in the database:

mysql> select * from subscriber where username like '2000'\G
        phplib_id: 8ba7accc847208eb10eb6baa6373f89d
         username: 2000
           domain: eglobalphone.com
         password: pl00p4f
       first_name:
        last_name:
            phone:
    email_address: dcorbe at gmail.com
 datetime_created: 2005-04-16 19:47:09
datetime_modified: 0000-00-00 00:00:00
     confirmation:
             flag: o
 sendnotification:
         greeting:
              ha1: 8ba7accc847208eb10eb6baa6373f89d
             ha1b: 711817121ed6cae7e44837e3fddf78d4
            perms: NULL
       allow_find: 0
         timezone: NULL
             rpid: NULL
1 row in set (0.14 sec)

However; I cannot log into my proxy server.  I keep getting 401
Unauthorized back.

Here's a libpcap capture of my session.  Also attached is my ser config file.

I'm not sure what to do or what

2) And speaking of the SER config file, I have a question about the
userloc module

What is the difference between www_authorize/www_challenge and
proxy_authorize/proxy_challenge?

Thank you for your help.

-Daniel