[Serusers] how to configure mediaproxy to work with remote RTPserver - pls help!

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Sat Apr 16 10:29:14 CEST 2005

Tina,
As you see in the mediaproxy README:
The dispatcher implemented here is based on distributing the sessions based
on the SIP domain of the caller/destination using DNS SRV records. If a
domain doesn't define any mediaproxy server, a default will be used.

Further:
The dispatcher will use the sender's domain if the sender is local, else will
use the destination's domain if the destination is local. If none of them is
local, it will refuse to use a proxy server at all.

You must then create DNS SRV records for the domains.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-DNS+SRV

The proxydispatcher.py should run locally.  Each proxy server should run the mediaproxy.py proxy server with the --listen any:25060 (default port) --allow ip-of-proxydispatcher

Hope this helps.
g-)