[Serusers] Status of pa module in CVS HEAD?

Jamey Hicks jamey.hicks at hp.com
Fri Apr 15 20:45:55 CEST 2005

Hendrik Scholz wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just had a closer look at RFC 3265 (6.3 SUBSCRIBE Bodies) and
> figured out that SUBSCRIBES may have empty bodies if the header fields
> are sufficient.
> SER from CVS replies with a 400 error saying 'Error while parsing
> headers'.
>
> this is how a sample packet looks like:
> #
> U xx.xx.xx.xx:5061 -> xx.xx.xx.xx:5060
> SIP/2.0 400 Bad Request.
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xx.xx.xx.xx;branch=z9hG4bKea3f.82e1f753.0.
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xx.xx.xx.xx;branch=0.
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xx.xx.xx.xx:49449.
> From: "user"
> <sip:user at foobar.bla>;tag=17cda3ce319449249f909aba8e53d03e;epid=44df82f654.
>
> To: <sip:bbbbb at foobar.bla>;tag=95329101123423eab1637e9ad490b3a6-e941.
> Call-ID: db28e67d79614e44b55275b6c6a025bd at xx.xx.xx.xx.
> CSeq: 1 SUBSCRIBE.
> Error while parsing headersContent-Length: 0.
>
> The error message is misplaced from my point of view.
>
> ser -E says:
>
> 12(24674) SUBSCRIBE from:sip:user at foobar.bla to:sip:bbbb at foobar.bla
> ruri:sip:bbbbb at foobar.bla messageid:3
> 12(24674) handle_subscription() entered
> 12(24674) parse_hfs(): Error while parsing headers
> 12(24674) handle_subscription(): Error while parsing message header
> 12(24674) handle_subscription about to send_reply and return -2
>
> I cannot get my clients using 'application/xpidf+xml' to successfully
> exchange presence information mainly due to the fact that SER doesn't
> seem to take care of it:
>
> What's the status on presence?
> I've got a bunch of small patches that fix some minor problems but
> wonder if it makes sense to send them upstream.
> Anybody running presence on CVS HEAD?

It is still a work in progress.  I've been making some progress with
Eyebeam, to the point where PA is sending NOTIFY to eyebeam.

I'm a bit puzzled how the error message ended up before content-length
in the response message.  Please send patches to the list and CC me and
I'll apply them.  If you have not fixed the problem with ser not parsing
the headers of this subscribe message, please send me a copy of the
message and I'll see if I can fix it.

Thanks,
Jamey