[Serusers] SER hung - Log Information?

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Fri Apr 15 17:20:20 CEST 2005

Interesting, we also use an external process to connect to a DB and
retrieve URI replacement. We were thinking that it's running "too slow"
and thus hanging SER, even though the logs make it appear as if the
process(es) was hanging at random points. We're in the process of
eliminating this script and switching over to ENUM or similar. When we
restarted our MySQL server it improved the query time (it was running
for 180 days heheh) and seems to have made SER hang less. How long does
your external script take to run on average? If it's more than a second
then that seems to be unnacceptable for SER..

P.S. The crappy thing is this happens over a period of time, when I load
tested the server it ran flawlessly. Pushed 30000 calls through it in
less than an hour with no problems. The MySQL server in question is in
the same switch segment/subnet as well.

	Matt