[Serusers] Not ANOTHER silly NAT question...

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Fri Apr 15 03:21:18 CEST 2005

Well.. it probably is.

I have had mixed success with SER 0.8.14 and RTPPROXY. I have RADIUS
auth, accounting, MYSQL, blah, blah, blah, all working....

My question, however, surrounds NAThelper configuration. If I leave all
clients behind NATs to attempt registration with private IPs, fix the
IPs with NAThelper and proxy the streams, then everything works OK.

If I inroduce a client that is on a LIVE IP address, I only get one-way
audio to a natted client (the natted client can't hear the live client).
I assume that what is happening is that the live client is attempting to
send it's audio direct to the natted client, instead of via the proxy.

I figure that I've missed something silly somewhere in the config, but
I'm darned if I know where.

I won't bother posting my entire config (unless specifically requested),
rather I'd like a general pointer as to where I should be looking.

Thanks in advance.