[Serusers] SER hung - Log Information?

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Thu Apr 14 23:31:31 CEST 2005

Hello Matt.
	Thanks for your answer, i checked the post "exec_dset fork limit?"
(http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2004-December/014150.html)  and i
think i have the same problem.  I'm using the exec_dset command to
manipulate the RURI, we need to do this in order to add prefixes according
to certain user profiles.

route {
        if (method=="INVITE" ||  method=="CANCEL") {
                exec_dset("/usr/local/etc/ser/translate");
        };

As you can see i'm using it for every INVITE and CANCEL, the "translate"
file is a C program that connects to a DB and returns the desired RURI.
Could this be the cause of SER freeze?.  Can we have an opinion from the
developers?
Is there a way to do the same thing with maybe another module?.
For the record i'm using :

OS : Linux Red Hat 9.0
SER : 0.8.14
Mediaproxy : 1.2.1

I would really appreciate any help here.
Thanks!!

Best Regards,

Ricardo.-