LVS, load balancing, and stickness was ==> Re: [Serusers] more usrloc synchronization

maka icokan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:06:44 CEST 2005

You are probably right. HSRP could actually be used for load
balancing, as could VRRP (which is what I believe you mean by
active/active) by defining multiple standby groups per interface with
recirprocal priorities on the groups.

The same thing could be done with VRRP by using multiple virtual
routers and reversing the priorities, but then one would need a
different IP address for each of the VRIDs.