[Serusers] Load Balancing via UltraMonkey/ldirectord

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Wed Apr 13 14:02:50 CEST 2005

Well, in our company we just lease all equipment. Yes granted we try
hard to keep the cost down, we figure the equipment cost is the least of
our worries. Now that doesn't mean we'd spend millions on a softswitch,
we're still a small company. :-) A layer7 switch, if you compare the
price to a softswitch, isn't that much money. The only reason we would
consider a hardware solution though at this point is because there is
literally nothing (free) software wise out there.

What we're really wanting it for is Asterisk, since asterisk doesn't
have the ability to do SRV lookups the only other alternative is
butchering the dialplan/making a script to perform redundancy to peer
with SER. With SER I was assuming use of SRV records otherwise, and for
our registered users we would again use SRV records (UA compatibility
pending :D) and hope t_replicate can perform adequately enough.

We have an SRV bounty for Asterisk, it isn't publicly posted, if anyone
is interested ;-) No one stepped up to the plate yet in the ast lists.

	Matt