LVS, load balancing, and stickness was ==> Re: [Serusers] more usrloc synchronization

Java Rockx javarockx at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:37:55 CEST 2005

Hi All.

I don't know if I'm going to be of any help here as I've mentioned before
that I'm as dumb as a door knob when it comes to the network and/or
clustering stuff.

Our underlying network (ie, BGP pipes, routers, firewalls, LVS, MySQL
clusters, SIP clusters, Asterisk clusters, NFS storage, etc, etc) have been
implemented by the engineers we hired from Red Hat.

These guys have implmented (AFAIK) our network layer the same way Google has
done their WWW farm(s). They have intimate knowledge of Google's internal
infrastucture because they worked between Red Hat and Google for about 6
years.

All I know is that it has taken about 4 months of work to get things stable.
We understand that a VoIP platform isn't about the softswitch - but rather
the network. I've asked on more than one occasion if I could release our
network configuration to serusers and the answer has always been "no", so
there's not much I can contribute here.

The ser source files are another story. We fully shared our ser.cfg, tcp/udp
network patch, usrloc patch, etc - but that doesn't help with this.

The only bright point I can offer here is that I'm 100% certain that the LVS
source code has __not__ been modified.

Sorry,
Paul