[Serusers] rtpproxy options

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon Apr 11 08:46:50 CEST 2005

See inline.

> I need help to understand ser+rtpproxy.
>
> How may I configure rtpproxy options to run with
> ser/nathelper on the same box ?
>
> rttproxy options :
> usage: rtpproxy [-2fv] [-l addr1[/addr2]] [-6
> addr1[/addr2]] [-s path] [-t tos] [-r rdir [-S sdir]]

Just start rtpproxy without options and it will listen on the standard
socket compiled into rtpproxy and nathelper.so.

> SER communicated with RTPPROXY via unix socket.
> Does RTPPROXY rewrite INVITE/REGISTER message with
> info  from SER?

Yes, when you call the appropriate functions. Read the Getting Started
document (chapter 1 + the rtpproxy example chapter) to get detailed info.

> private-------FW+NAT------SER+RTPPROXY------ public
> network                                     network
>
> which ports must be opened on FW box for INVITE and/or
> REGISTER methods are they the same than on rtpproxy ?

If you have a firewall that denies all outgoing ports except those
explicitly opened (most home routers/FW allow outgoing):
SIP messages: udp (and TCP if you use that) port 5060
RTP: udp 35000-65000 (can be changed in rtpproxy's rttp_defines.h)
Both to your SER+RTPPROXY server.

g-)

 g-)