[Serusers] Starting SER : PID file exists (/var/run/ser.pid) already running?

Aisling O'Driscoll ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie
Fri Apr 8 13:09:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has ever come across this error before?:

Starting SER : PID file exists! (/var/run/ser.pid) already running?

I am using ser 0.9.0 and it worked like a charm the first few times
that I stopped and started SER. There are no errors in
/var/log/messages. I also started SER as /opt/ser/sbin/ser -c and it
showed that the config was ok and exited. However when I check
pstree, I dont see SER listening.

Could it perhaps be something got to do with the database?. Example:
Should the version table in the SER database contain "version" or
"table_version"? I have tried dropping and restarting the database
i.e. /opt/ser/sbin/ser_mysql.sh drop, then
./opt/ser/sbin/ser_mysql.sh create.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Aisling.

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.