[Serusers] STUN server

Lucas Aimaretto lucas at cyneric.com
Thu Apr 7 21:37:12 CEST 2005

> Hello Lucas.
> 	Sorry to bother you.
> 	I installed about three months ago "mystun" server.
> The experience has been a little bit complicated.  I have
> some endpoints with NAT problems, bad returning port form the
> messsages, amog other little problems.  I'm still trying to
> understand where the problem is located... could be the stun
> server?, the stun client?, problems with some kind of nat?...
> i don't know yet.  That's why i would like to ask you about
> your endpoints.?  What type of endpoint are you using?  I'm
> using Sipura 2000 and Linksys PAP2. I hope you can give me a
> hand here... Thanks in advance... Best Regards,

Hi there,

I've been using Vovida's server for a while. Some UAs behaved properly
with it, some not. That's when I found myStun.
This are the UAs that I'm now using:

- Xten PRO
- Xten Lite
- Grandstream Budgetone 100
- MTA V102 ( from voipsolutions. It is an ATA ).

The last one could not just use vovida's server. It works great with
mystun.

To find out where is the problem, try this:

- First, see the output of myStun. Some clients do not build the stun
messages in a correct way.
- Make sure you are not behind a Symmetric NAT. If so, you're dead. STUN
does not work with Symmetric NAT.
- There are some stun clients that run under windows or linux. Try one
of those in those cases where your UA will not talk to stun. If the
application can talk to your stun server, your UA's stun client might
not be working correctly.
- Try to upgrade your UAs firmware.
- Lastly, it is always good to have different exits. I mean, install
both: myStun and Vovida's. Try first with one of those, if no answer,
try the other. myStun is working really nice with me, but it does not
mean vovida does not work at all.

Hope I helped.

Regards,

Lucas