[Serusers] SERWEB : 400 ul_add : flag expected

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 19:54:19 CEST 2005

Hi

I think I may have seen what is wrong, my problem I was getting the
error when I was getting the confirmation link, whereas I think you are
getting it when you are intially submitting it for a new user, if this
is true then ur calling the scripts under reg/ directory in serweb.

Also my version of serweb is $Id: INSTALL,v 1.15 2005/02/01 09:34:19
kozlik Exp $ from the INSTALL file, hence my configs are different, and
now I have changed the system so that I dont add names to subscriber but
add that to alias, and add the number to the subscriber table.

Anyhow in short what you need to look at is the registration page, it
will be calling a function which is adding the alias, this is in the
data_layer directory. Now in this function the alias must be using fifo
to add to the the alias directly. This is where the error is.

Sorry I cant be of more help I wish I had documented it better, but I
was flying through it like a headless chicken

But do note in the long run adding names to subscriber is NOT the best
way to go, since people will want to dial numbers, which they can, if
they are in alias, but if you want to add voicemail etc at alater date,
then to connect to the voicemail box from a handset dialing a number
which aliagns to the users number is better than trying to dial a
name...well thats my experience anyhow

Iqbal